About the Coronation Festival
What is the Coronation Festival all about?
The Coronation Festival took place on the 11 - 14 July 2013 in the Gardens of Buckingham Palace. It celebrated the 60th anniversary of The Queen's Coronation. This exciting and unique event, hosted by the Royal Warrant Holders Association, brought together - for the first time on this scale - over 200 companies who hold Royal Warrants of Appointment. Promoting the very best of UK plc, the Festival celebrated innovation, excellence and industry through trade and craft.
The Festival was open to members of the public who bought a ticket for the daytime event; giving them the opportunity to explore the Gardens and buy, sample and experience the wide range of products and services from the exhibitors. Or, a ticket for a magnificent Gala evening of entertainment - a celebration of music and dance over the past 60 years.
Where did the event take place?
The Coronation Festival took place in the stunning setting of the Gardens of Buckingham Palace, a truly unique venue.
What is a Royal Warrant?
- Royal Warrants are a mark of recognition to individuals or companies who have supplied goods or services for at least 5 years to the Households of HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or HRH The Prince of Wales.
- Warrant Holders may display the relevant Royal Arms with the words 'By Appointment' on their product, stationery, buildings, vehicles, advertising and packaging.
- At present 800 companies hold Royal Warrants of Appointment. They represent the widest cross-section of British trade and industry from traditional crafts to large firms equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology.
- Royal Warrants have always been regarded as demonstrating excellence and quality, and are highly prized.
- Some Royal Warrants date back more than 200 years.
What happened at the Coronation Festival?
Visitors were able to enjoy the Gardens of Buckingham Palace, whilst exploring the exhibitor marquees - sampling and shopping. There was interactive features - to educate and inspire. Visitors were also able to:
- Interact with 60 years of design and technology
- Experience the very best of British style, pursuits and pastimes
- Sample and purchase fine food and drink - and be inspired by cooking demonstrations
- Indulge the great British passion for homes - interior design - and gardening
- Learn about the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust - about craft - from traditional to contemporary
What was the Evening Gala?
The Coronation Gala took place on the evenings of 12 and 13 July 2013 chiming with the themes of the Festival - tradition, excellence and innovation. The Gardens, with Buckingham Palace as the back-drop, was the setting for a spectacular Gala celebrating cultural life during the reign of Her Majesty, showcasing the achievements and personality of this extra-ordinary age.
To view images taken at the Coronation Festival, please click through to our gallery.
We had over 200 exhibitors showcasing their goods and services at the Festival. You can browse through their profiles by clicking here.
Queen Elizabeth Scholarship Trust
QEST, the charitable arm of the RWHA devoted to supporting excellence in British craftsmanship, was delighted to exhibit at the Festival.